Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennmitel

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2005
GB
Hello

whats the best way to upgrade MAS with nupoint from 2.1 up to 4.0 sp1 ?

i have got all the blades on disks ready

i was going to backup

load msl for mas 3.0 add blade then restore

backup on 3.0 and do the same till i get to 4.0

what do you think ????

CCNA,CCNP,CCVP
HP AIS
Full Mitel

Read the release notes.

The proceedure is laid out pretty well for all previous versions.

2.1 was right on the cusp of what can be upgraded but I forget which side. If you're on the good side, you can upgrade straight to the latest sw.

On the bad side, I'm not sure what your options are, but the release notes are clear.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Here's a snippet from the Release Notes

Note 1: MAS 2.1 with CSM requires upgrade to MAS 2.2 prior to upgrade to MAS 3.0.
Note 2: MAS 2.1/2.2/3.0 with CSM upgrade to MAS 4.0 is not supported. MAS 4.0 removes the support for CSM and will require you to apply a CSM removal part to MAS 2.1/2.2/3.0 prior to upgrading to MAS 4.0.

The upgrade of the MAS system from MAS 2.1/2.2 to MAS 4.0 or 4.0 SP1 is achieved in 3 parts:

1. Pre-installation activities described in previous sections (Licensing, Software downloading/creation, System Backup)
NOTE: All upgrades to MAS 4.0 from MAS 2.2 or earlier software version may require a MAS 3.0 upgrade part number.
Please reference MAS Software Migration and Upgrade Guide which can be found on MOL, Once logged into MOL select the Products tab and then select Mitel Applications Suite. Scroll down to the Guides section of the Mitel Application Suite page to locate the Guide.
This document provides full details of part numbers required for all MAS migration paths.
2. Install base MSL software (Via MSL upgrade to MSL 9.4.28.0)
• MSL 9.4.28.0 CD will be required for the upgrade via the Server Console.
3. Upgrade Mitel Application Software.
• NPM DVDs will be required (if applicable); all other application Blade updates will be downloaded from the AMC via the blade update process.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back