Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS licensing for usage on UCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

osgoodr

Technical User
Aug 1, 2013
GB
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to work out how to license the Mivoice lync client on the mas so that I can deploy it within our UCA server environment.

To deploy MiVoice for lync you need to have Desktop client SDK licenses available on the UCA box. I just don’t know how the MAS licensing works well enough to do this, I'm sure its not a difficult process.

The UCA engineering handbook is particularly vague as usual;

Install MiVoice for Lync Client
Lync deployment is supported in various options as seen in the table below. MiVoice for Lync
Is a Lync Plugin which integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Lync application?
Information email
Once the MiVoice for Lync account is created on the UCA server, the user will receive a Welcome
Email with the following information:
• User client Login ID (Login ID is driven from Active Directory - AD) and password
• Link to download the MiVoice for Lync plug-in software installer
• The Server Fully Qualified Domain Name - FQDN (host name)
• User account information (desk phone, softphone, voice mail, etc...)
• Teleworker (MBG) IP Address.

Any help or input would be appreciated :)

Rob

Licensing MiVoice for Lync requires licensing on the AMC, as well as the Desktop client SDK license. You must enable the Microsoft Plug-in license on the AMC, as well as the Desktop client SDK license in the administrative portal

i.e its in the second of the UCA server manager where you define what features a UCA client gets.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure I know where you mean can you explain in more detail please?

Cheers,

Rob

You buy licenses for the UCA and they are assigned in the AMC for the lync client. Those are the Mircosoft Plug-in licenses I mentioned. Each UCA softphone gets a set of features. Think of it as a COS for the UCA clients. In the UCA, when you go to the area where you create feature groups that will be assigned to the UCA clients, there is a Desktop client SDK license shown and you need to select it. Hope this is less confusing.

Thanks for your reply Lou,

I understand the licensing process in terms of the requirement to license a lync client is via the desktop SDK license, its just how do I assign the seats from the MAS to the UC server so I can assign the license.

Feature Seats Available Seats In Use
Desktop client SDK 0 0

I assume its a similar process as when you have a new license assigned to an aird, you have to allocate the license before you can use it. This is the part I do not know how to do. I know where to license in the UCA platform, I just dont know how to make the seats available for allocation.

I'm asuming this is done via the MAS, I could be wrong..

Sorry if I wasn't clear before, I apprecaite you trying to help :)

When you buy the correct licenses it goes into your companies AMC account. It then needs to get applied to the customers MAS ARID in the AMC. Never done it can't help with that.

If you have the license assigned to the ARID then you need to sync the MAS to the AMC to retrieve it. Once that is done it should be there. After that it involves going into the UCA panel in the MAS and under the section where you setup features create a feature profile for the Lync users. In that profile check the SDK option. Then assign this feature profile to the users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back