Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mark/graphic at the end of story

Status
Not open for further replies.

bldg13

Technical User
Oct 2, 2001
US
i am not sure what this is called but i see it a lot in magazines. i am trying to have a little mark at the end of every story in a magazine. its a small logo. can this be done with nested styles? how? or style sheets?

thanks in advance.

As far as I know, that little mark is a symbol which can be chosen from the font set of the para style. I'm sure it could be incorporated into the style specifications.

Make an inline graphic: place your logo on the page, size it down as close to the needed size as you can, copy the logo, put your text cursor in the text frame where you want the logo and paste. You'll be able to play with the size/position a little within the text frame, but you're constrained by the leading, etc.

Thanks for the responses. What Ekwoman said was exactly what I did. I was hoping however to be able to control that with a style sheet - so that at the end of a "story" the graphic would show up. I am creating this template for someone else - but this solution should be easy enough.

thanks again!

You could use the 'library' feature to store the mark for quick retrieval.

This from 'Help' ...

To create an object library
An object library exists as a named file on disk. When you create an object library, you specify where to store it. When you open a library, it appears as a palette that you can group with any other palette; the object library’s file name appears in its palette tab. Closing an object library removes it from the current session, but doesn’t delete its file.
You can quickly add or remove objects, selected page elements, or an entire page of elements to or from an object library. You can also add or move library objects from one library to another.
InDesign CS2 opens objects libraries created in InDesign CS. You’ll need to re-create object libraries created in earlier versions, however.
Choose File > New > Library.
Specify a location and name for the library, and click Save. Remember that the name you specify becomes the name of the library’s palette tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back