Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping a Network Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

spayne

Programmer
Feb 13, 2001
US
I am writing a FP2.6 program that takes files from our server and copies them onto a server in another city through a WAN. I only want the connection to this server to exist while files are being copied. Is there any way to map a drive to this server, and delete this connection, in code?

Thanks,
Steve

After the connection is established, you can MAP the drive with the code
MAP S: \\MyServer\MyShare && such codes.

However, if you cannot MAP for any reason, you can think of creating a SUBST command to substitute a drive letter.

Still more,
If none of the above is possible, get in the directory so connected, and staying in the directory.. you can copy the files to your computer's C drive or the Maped drive in the local computer. ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com

What I would like to do is establish this connection in code. I have everything else taken care of. I know this can be taken care of through their login scripts when they boot up, but I don't want everyone connected all day. It really slows down performance when everyone is connected at the same time.

You can have the maping commands in a batch file and also the disconnection in another batch command.
You can call RUN myStartBatch and same way RUN endBatch commands at appropriate login time and logout time. This will solve the problem. ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com

What is the Network Operating System????? NT, Novell, ??????
If it is a FTP transfer - See WebDrive by Riverfront software David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

I use the UNC pathing to attach for spot usage of a DBF.

ie. \\server\alais\xxx.dbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back