Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mapping 4-digit extension to a 11-digit long distance number

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiscoTech

MIS
Feb 21, 2001
US
Hi all, I would like to map a 4-digit extension (1234) to one of our other offices in a different state. I would like the 4-digit extension to actually dial the full 11-digit number (1-222-333-1234). I know this is possible but I have never programmed this before. We have an Option 11C unit, and I am pretty familiar with it, though I am by no means an "expert". Any walk-through advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

You will need to create a new RLI and DGT for the 4-digit number.

LD 86
REQ NEW
FEAT DGT
DMI <---Enter a DMI number not already in use
DEL 0
INST <---Enter the area code and prefix you want inserted in front of your 4-digits.

Then add the RLI.

REQ NEW
FEAT RLB
RLI <---Enter an RLI number not already in use
ENTRY 0
LTER YES
FTR 0
DMI <---Enter the DMI number you just created

Now assign your 4-digit number to the RLI
LD 87
REQ NEW
CUST 0
FEAT CDP
TYPE DSC
DSC <---Enter your 4-digit number you want to use.
If you need a range such as all 1200-1299 go to the same area code and prefix, then just input the first 2 numbers 12
FLEN <enter>
DSP <enter>
RLI <Enter the RLI number you just created
DSC <enter>

Now try dialing the 4-digit number and see if it takes you to the proper person. If not, you may need to go back into LD 86 and add a 1 in front of the DGT DMI INST step. Good luck.

Mike

It would be quicker and easier to just make an ACD Queue with MAXP 1 and NCFW to 912223331234

Thank you McGruff for a great step-by-step approach. And thank you acewarlock for a fantastic alternative! Much appreciated!

I am not very familiar with the 61 commands but am forced to manage one, I have a similar issue to the one above and would like to know how I create an ACD Queue with MAXP1 and night call forward to the external number. Anyone with a sample set of commands?

LD 23
NEW
ACD
ACDN xxxx the number you want callforwarded
MAXP 1
NCFW 91NPANXXxxxx ie: 912145551212

I am getting an error when I try to do this:

I entered LD 23
REQ : NEW
TYPE : ACD

I tried to enter CUST : ACD and CUST 030 now jus scrolls.

Just make entries where I indicated below, for everything just hit the return key

LD 23
NEW
ACD
ACDN xxxx the number you want callforwarded
MAXP 1
NCFW 91NPANXXxxxx ie: 912145551212

Sorry for the stupidity, but here's what I get...

> ld 23
ACD000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 7095288 USED: 293895 TOT: 7389183
DISK RECS AVAIL: 2723
ACD DNS AVAIL: 971 USED: 29 TOT: 1000
REQ new
TYPE acd
CUST 274
CUST 274
CUST 030
CUST 030
CUST 030
CUST 030
CUST

I can type NEW by REQ and ACD by TYPE but then every key I hit results in the CUST message...

After entering ACDN I get a DTC001 followed by a MWC prompt?

I am not very familiar with the 61 commands but am forced to manage one.

If you had told me the truth, that you know nothing about programing a Meridian 1, I would have printed all the prompts and the responses that would be required to do this.
you could have saved both of us a lot of time. I will get back to you as soon as I make a templet for you to follow.

The truth is I have a 61 that I know little about and am forced to manage, I have done enough programming over the last several months to manage but now have this problem.

Btw, I realized after I sent the last MSG that I should have just entered.

Sorry.

LD 23
REQ NEW
TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN xxxx enter the extn or DID number that you want to use
HIT RETURN you will need to hit the return until you get to

NCFW 91NPANXXxxxx ie: 912125551212

then hit return until you get to the end and you get the prompt REQ again, then you are done.

Yep, got through it after I realized I skipped the enter.

Done, didn't work, I get a msg about meridian mail and the extension not being a valid mailbox...

Oh well... thanks for the help.

OK what were you really tring to do?

Post the ACD print out so I can see it.

You do
REQ PRT
TYPE ACD
ACDN xxxx number you made

>ld 23
ACD000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 7094994 USED: 294189 TOT: 7389183
DISK RECS AVAIL: 2723
ACD DNS AVAIL: 970 USED: 30 TOT: 1000
REQ prt
TYPE acd
CUST 0
ACDN 4923

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 4923
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
ISAP NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT
SRRT
NRRT
FROA FW 917088454823
FNCF NO
FORC NO
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT

Have you tried to call this number from your phone?
What do you get?

This 61 is at a remote office, if I dial the number from my office I get a fax tone (like I should), and someone calling that number from a set on the 61 gets the fax tone.

But calling the 4923 extension from externally results in a Merlin Mail mailbox message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back