Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making ISO'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

icon58

MIS
Mar 25, 2003
US
HellO:
A while back I asked about ISO's. I got several replies, so I started to make ISO'S and keeping them on my HD. Well I decided to burn them on to a CD to use and it burned it on the CD no problem.... But when I run it nothing!!!! I have other ISO's that was made and when I right click on them it says burn to cd, mine do not.
Thanks Icon58

Are you using the lame burner software included in XP? I never could get that stuff to work. You need to use Roxio, and Nero will do it too I think.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Well I used Nero to make the ISO and to burn it on the CD but no go...
ICON58

Hmm... what happens when you load it into Nero? What setings do you use? I am at work so I can't see what they are but you have to do the correct settings for which type you need. Joliet or the other type, there are two kinds of ISO's and other things too.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

The funny thing is when I save it in nero it wants to call it a track (MP3)When I burn it it burns it one track???? Boo hiss. Some thing so simple should be
Thanks Icon58 PS I am using Nero Express

Depending on your version of Nero, you shoud find what you're looking for under File, Burn Image. I suspect you're burning the .iso as 1 file instead of a disk image.

Open Nero, go up to "File" and choose "Burn Image" or something very similar to that.

Some ISOs require certain unlocking scripts to be added onto a CD. You can buy or download 'Alcohol 120%', which is a VERY good program used to burn ISOs onto CD discs.

You need to find a good Internet site that will tell you what locker the ISO has on it, and you set Alcohol so that it will burn with that script.

Most of the time, it's not the burning program, it's the ISO with a certain locker on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back