Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make Subform act like List Box. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

titans514

Programmer
Dec 4, 2002
US
Hi, I am trying to create a subform that will behave like a list box. I need to conditionally format the listbox with different colors. After research, I've come to the conclusion that there is no way to do this with a list box. I am attempting to now create a subform, but I was wondering if anybody knows how to create the subform to behave like a listbox, specifically when clicked to have all fields highlighted and act like they all have the focus. And to change mouse pointer to arrow. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Take Care.

Here are a couple commands you can play with. In datasheet view, this will select the entire record and the Mouse pointer is an Arrow. I'm sure it's a start, but not necessarily a solution.

DoCmd.acCmdSelectRecord
Screen.MousePointer = 1

Paul

Paul,
The Mouse Pointer worked well, but I could not get the subform to act like a list box. Back to square one, maybe time to move to vb. Thanks for your help.

When you say act like a list box, what did you have in mind besides being able to format different colors.

Paul

The information is presented to the user as follows:
carnumber casenumber location timesent
404 004565 New Jersey 0900 hrs.

i utilize the reference number on column(0) and hide it. then when the user clicks it allows him to change the time of the unit. Colors help the visibility of the screen, and is a must to make the it complete. The subform acts like four different columns, is slow, and when clicked does not respond as well as the listbox. Thanks for your help. Later David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back