Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make an ONS circuit access an outside trunk by going offhook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcricket

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2009
US
I need to have a ONS circuit dial an outside number(seven or ten digit call) without first dialing the access code or a feature access code.

They have a mix of copper trunks, and some extensions off of the PBX, all calls must be dialable using the same number of digits reguardless of which line button they us

The Key system has been in use for a long time, without having to dial '9' to get out. so the replacement extensions must not require a '9' to acccess an outside line.

Thought anyone?????

SYstem type?

Software Version?

Does the station require internal dialing as well as internal?

You mention this is for ONS and you mention selecting line buttons - explain...

My thought is that you will require ARS regardless, be prepared.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

3300 running 9.0.2.31_1, with per cabinets (containing ons circuits) some of these extensions are being used as OPX (TDM over IP) trunks on a remote KeySystem.

I have defined their normal calls in ars and am sending their calls over a cor restricted route where the digit mod inserts the '9' for their calls.

Just looking to see if anyone has a better solution....
Thanks. jg

Ok,

The answer is that it can probably be done, but the complexity of the programming is major and it would introduce numerous additional points of failure.

Law of Diminishing Returns applies.

- Solution would probably require loopback IP trunking on 3300 to add the 9 (I wouldn't recommend this solution, just mentioning it)

How about using associated dialing that ring a unique number such as *#*#*#88 (you get the idea) then through ARS delete those digits. Result should be the call hits ARS but no digits dialed leaving you with CO Dial Tone.

Ralph

UncleRalph, your solution might work if the 3300 is connected to analog trunks. If connected to PRI the number has to be completely dialed for D channel signalling.

If Mitel would only create a Direct to ARS option like the SX-200. Sigh...

Which leads me to suggest,

thread1329-1569902

kwbMitel,
Yeah, it's a bummer about no direct to ARS. I knew about the PRI but his original post said he had a mix of copper trunks. If not for that he'd have to go with the IP loopback.

Ralph

My host site(for this application, and more to come), has predominantly PRI's as service. Fortunantly, the cluster at the main site has an AX controller that has ONS cards I can use for this application. The PRI's are connected to another MXe11 so I can do my IP trunking and create a seperate route for all of these calls..(adding the 9 using Digit Mod)

Direct to ars like in the 200 would be nice, but doesnt seem to be available in the mix of equipment I am using (sx2000, 3300)......

Any other solutions used elsewhere will be considered, BUT the one I'm using now DOES WORK.....
Thanks all for input.....
JG

Jim,

Leave it alone would be my recommendation. What you have is the simplest to support.

we had one customer that absolutely refused to dial 9. we are fortunate here in only having 2 local area codes and use 10 digit local dialing.
so in ARS
604 and 7 to follow
778 and 7 to follow
1 and 10 to follow
011 and unknown to follow
0 and 0 to follow
911 and 0 to follow
411 and 0 to follow

and no FAC or extensions that would conflict with that.
they are aware of the potential issues if a new local area code gets added that conflicts with their extension numbers.
we didn't want to do it, but it was either that or pull the system.
you could limit it to one extension via COR.
not sure how many different numbers this device needs to call, or if it would be feasible with your dial plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back