Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Main VFP Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheronne

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
US
Can you hide the main VFP Window? I would like for an application to run in the background and be able to access it via a system tray icon.

Thanks

_screen.visible = .f.

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc
Farmington Hills, Michigan

For a more complete answer see faq184-1258.

Rick

sheronne,

The FAQ that rgbean pointed you too is good, however I wish that ramani, the FAQ's author, would add information regarding the use of "SCREEN=OFF" in the CONFIG.FPW. Without it there is always a flicker of the _screen object when the application first starts up.

Was your question about just the _screen object being invisible, or were you also asking about the tray icon? Just curious.

Slighthaze = NULL
[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

FAQ184-1258. is not the good solution, many problem I feel that

Dicklylam

[ignore]Faq184-1258[/ignore] is not the good solution, many problem I feel that.

This solution has been around since version 3, when used propely it works. Can you explain what you mean? Can you propose a better solution?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

I applied this for a form used to show the button for user selection. I run this form through the prg file where prg is set to main, from the form which applied the knowledge of hiding vfp screen, it will still on the top, never disappear even giving thisform.release, and the main problem is, when this form is called, it never in setfocus, that is never activate automatically and require a click on the form everytime.

Craig,

Ramani has added the config.fpw SCREEN=OFF option to his FAQ

Martin

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

but when deliver the application, config.fpw is necessary or not ? I never deliver this file to the client system. What is the best way, may be just to show logo first.

Yes the config.fpw is necessary, but you can add it to your project and compile it in the exe. No extra file, no extra fuss.

boyd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back