Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistaking

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
GB
I am new to exchange 2000(currently learning), I have had problems with a standalone exchange server, when i go to the exchange management console, and expand the server field, both the "mailbox store" and "public mailbox store" have red crosses on them.
They cannot be mounted either.

What i need to know is,
What possible problems could this be?
What steps should i take to diagnose and solve the problem?

First thing is to check there is free space on all your drives ... ignoring the M: Drive ...

Next check the System Event Logs for error messages generated when you try and mount the databases.

When I try and mount the database, i get the error message "the database files in this store are corrupted"
This happens with both the Mailbox store and Public folder store

when was you last backup ? ..... you've best bet is to restore from that.

ok , there are no backups, i have been told that thee is a solution to my problem but my boss has left it to me to find out what....

there are a couple of utils you can try

ISINTEG and ESEUTIL ..... both of these should only be used after a full backup as they can damage the databases and should only be used as a last resort to fix a database problem. (that's what MS says about them)

I saw this the other day ...
... that may be worth a go.

You could also have a hardware error (usually HD or controller) which has caused the databases to fail so check this out also.

I have updated to service pack 3 but there is no difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back