Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

magic override button for attendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl8ton

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
Hi all -
Our local CO trunk runs through a vector in our 8700 that checks time of day before sending it off to the attendant extension. Very cut & dried. a few weeks back when we had a terrible snowstorm here, the office closed up early but the calls on the local CO trunk kept on coming thru. The attendant hit the night service button, but I think because the incoming destination on the trunk is a VDN, it totally ignored the NS. Is there a way to program a button or something that the attendant can hit in cases of emergencies when no one is available to answer the phones in certain siuations? IS this a case of a vector that needs some re-writing? I'm stuck on what to do to correct this situation.Thanks

Carla

If night service is defined and activated it is the first thing that is checked in a CO trunk group and should follow as insteucted. I would start at the trunk group check the night service destination and follow the flow thru programming to make sure its doind what it is supposed to do in nights

You may not want service to route the entire trunk to a night destination.

I typically set up a phantom agent/hunt group.

Give the console a Activate Override (logs in the agent), a Override Status (aux-work) and an Override Deactivate(logout).

Make the login/logout speed dial. When activate is pressed it logs the agent in and the status light (aux work) come on. Press deactivate and the agent is logged of which turns off the status light (aux-work).

In the vector check for staffed agents in the phantom hunt group and route accordingly.

My first reaction is thinking that the single point of failure with the phantom agent option is relying on the attendant to actually get accustomed to using the login and logout buttons. I suppose the fact that she is able to remember to use the night service buttons makes this a moot point.
I will give that some thought and see if it might be a workable solution in this scenario. Thanks!

Carla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back