Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M7310 w/BLF compatibility 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DueE

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
I'm trying to remember (but I'm old & it's hard) if some years ago there was an issue w/a certain rls of BLF's working on old (rls 14 & earlier/) M7310 sets. The problem was that the BLF keep flashing but if it was connected to a newer rls set it would work. Anyone remember anything like that? I'm wondering if I am confusing ITAS Tip 136 NA -regarding CAP's w/this issue.
Any input is appreicated. THANKS!

DueE

I don't remember seeing any problems, but I'm old too. CRS
I do have BLF's on some very old sets for lab work, and haven't seen problems. Maybe someone else has seen a problem. I just wish the BLF would fit a wall mounted phone.

MarvO said it

Yeah, I fully understand the CRS! And thanks for your input!

DueE

DueE,
Greetings. How're ya? Can't respond to your issue, but Marv0, problem is quite simply solved, just mount the thing high enough that the customer has to look up, way up, to use the phone.

No problem eh?

Cheers
PhM

PhM,
You mean way, way, way up with sky hooks?

MarvO said it

You may need some wire stretchers to be able to reach the sky hooks though

Arr ole buddy! doing okay here, you? Clint Eastwood would be proud, HANG'EM HIGH!
You keep up the good work!

DueE

DueE,
Hey Ho There... good to see you're still out there.. And YES, I mean HIGH. How high you ask? So high Bush will need a Saturn mission to change a key label! Or bust two Ontario breweries!
Minimum No. 9 sky hook required.

Cheers
PhM

what are the odds? I just came across a place last week (I had upgraded from 8X24 to MICS 6.1) - they had two M7310's with BLF's on them.
One worked fine, the other would not work at all.
Customer said both worked fine before upgrade, so I was thinking it was the software.
I checked the release of the phones - one was 'rls 8', the other(the one not working) was 'rls 7', so I removed the BLF from the 'rls 7' phone and put it on a spare 'rls 17' m7310 and it worked fine.

SURPRISINGLY the customer 'fessed up and said she had recently removed the BLF from another phone and put it on hers - it didn't work and she was hoping the upgrade would fix it.

with customers like these who needs enemies?

Arr, are the sky hook numbers like wire guage? ie, the larger the number, the smaller the hook, or is the number pretaining to pre-load height. trying to find specs on them.

MarvO said it

Marv0,
The No. 9 skyhook, contrary to popular belief, is rated for its float/drift ability. Rated in a logarythmic ascending scale that goes from the rediculous to the sublime, the No. 9 skyhook is most noted for high office petard hoists. While the No. 9 has been declining in popular favour giving way to the No. 2, which can carry 40ft more shore line, the No. 9 still remains the fall back during times of audio distress.

Hope this helps.
You're welcome in advance.

PhM

lowradiation: yeah, I think there is an incompatiablity with those very early releases of M7310's and a certain issue of BLF's. I had come across this a few years ago and I swear there was a TIP published but dang, I can't find it. Maybe a No.9 skyhook could solve this and other problems....
NUMBER 9...NUMBER 9...NUMBER 9...NUMBER 9...NUMBER 9...NUMBE

DueE

Great info on the Skyhooks. I sure didn't mean to get off of DueE's original question about the BLF, but any information about Skyhooks is really appreciated. Many times, people are very secretive about sharing Skyhook information. Arr, thank you for the valuable information. I never thought about the audio distress part.
You get my star.
Seems like there should be something on the BLF's in the compatability charts, but can't find a thing, but do believe there was a bullitin at one time about it???

MarvO said it

I agree MarvO, good skyhook info is hard to come by.
We changed out the set to a rls 17 and fixed the issue but I like to have the "printed word" for proof of "why it happened."
LATER!

DueE

DueE,
There seems to be a bench mark release for glitch free operations. Rls 17 appears to be it. I've seen some odd occurrences on a Rls 6.1 and a pre rls 17 phone. Then last week, a customer showed me a circular from the local telco stating they would no longer support pre rls 17 sets. Hmm.

food for thought. Anyone else have anything on this?

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back