Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M7310 Phone Freeze 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneBum

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2005
US
I have a customer with M7310 Phones he says that at random a phone will just lockup and the display shows a 1 and that is it you can't Rls it or push any other buttons. The only way to fix it is to unplug it and then it will work again. They have a MICS with a PRI 6.1 software. Anyone run into this before????

Yes. It is a known problem with 6.1.
You need to upgrade to 6.1 MR. Search for 1 on the screen. It is a call park bug.

Are you running 6.1 software ? You will need to upgrade to the MR of this software. Bullitin out this past August.

Does Nortel have any documentation of this bug? I would like to show it to the customer.

Thats nice to know, what the mr. I just put 2 6.1 in

If your distributor is selling 6.1 06 instead of 10 MR then they are doing you a great injustice. Find another dist because they should have known this since last August thats when the bullitin was issued.

I have been searching for the bullitin but can't find it??

ITAS SRN - 026 NA / issued August, 2004
USA - MICS XC 6.1 MR wi6.10 NT7B66DR
NA - MICS 6.1 MR wi6.10 NT7B66DT

MICS and CICS affected. Full details in SRN-026NA

FletcherP

I have looked on the Nortel Site for this bulletin but have not been able to find it. Do you know a link to this bulletin?

it'll be in the partner area - secure access only

SRN-026NA this is all you need to tell the distributor. If he can't seem to follow your conversation then tell him your going to another distributor. (He is lying or he is too small to deal with.)

I have the same phone lockup problem, the current software in the system is NT7B66CU, my distributor cannot get the NT7B66DT software and has sent me NT7B66CC software. Does anyone know of any issues with the N7B66CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back