Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krul72

Systems Engineer
May 26, 2020
US
Happy Holidays to all,

I use a Nortel Meridian Option 11C Mini with M3904 phone sets. I have one phone that will not power up - no lights, nothing. I swapped phones and cabling, made sure the power was good, but the issue remains at this seat whereas the equipment from this seat works at a different location. I'm not sure what else to look at or try. As a novice, is it possible the port is locked out? Would this prevent a phone from starting up to the point it appears dead?

Thank you,
Brad

It sounds as if the digital port is disabled. You need to access the phone system and go into LD 20 to find the TN using DNB. Once you have found the TN, go into LD 32 and use the command ENLU "TN"

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thank you. I have tried ENLU and reenabled the TN; however, this did not change anything. I believe it was locked out since the switch didnt see the phone for more than 24 hours. If I plug in the phone, will I at least see lights flash no matter whats going on with the switch?

When you did ENLU, did you then do IDU "TN" or STAT "CARD SLOT" or ENLC *CARD SLOT" followed by STAT "CARD SLOT" etc.

Post your results here. Also do IDC

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

I did LDIS 0, found the port listed, and then ran ENLU "Card" "Unit". Reran LDIS 0 and the Unit was not listed. The problem I have is that the phone location is in Eastern Europe and I'm working with the local tech who has less experience than me - which isnt much. And since this is a secure location I cannot remote in.

Is IDU under LD 32? Shouldnt the card be ok if I have other phones hanging off of it?

IDU can be found in LD 20 on later software but it is normally found in LD 32. It is worth checking that the card is OK. You might have a faulty port. Using IDC will show the whole card and you might have a spare unequipped port to move it onto.

Using the command ENLC will also reset the card.

As you have a tech on site, I would use the command DISC so that the card is disabled, Use the STAT command to check that all ports on that card are disabled, then get the tech to unplug the card and reseat it after a few seconds. Use the command ENLC and then STAT command to see that they are all enabled again.

Try the port again.

One final thing is to swap the digital cards over.

Hang on!. Did yo say that you have an Option 11c mini?. If I recall, they used a 48 port single card. What is the TN number?

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

The TN is Card 2 Unit 0. So I used ENLU 2 0. I'm a little nervous to do anything physical to the switch. This is a small emergency dispatch center with two seats - now one. Im screwed if I lose the last seat. I think the card has 16 ports.

I recall that on Option 11c mini systems, you couldn't use the IDU commands. I think the STAT commands work. When you do STAT 2 0, what do you get?. Also what happens with STAT 2

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

If the local tech has any cross connect wiring experience, you could try moving the set to an unused TN in software and have him move the cross connect.

This has been fixed. It was a wiring issue between the 66 block and the jack. Most likely loose punchdowns.

Thank you for your help and Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back