Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3900 Expansion Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

GypsyMoth

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2007
US
Hello,
My Call Center wishes to add the M3900 expansion module to their existing 3904 ACD telephones. How do I go about to make the TM server recognize the new keys? Do I need to delete the phone and recreate it?

Also, the Call Center wishes to use the expansion module as a sort of call accounting. They would like to use the above mentioned add-on modules and have activity codes (call types) assigned to the buttons. This will make it easy for the Call Center agent to answer the call, ask for the call topic, and enter the appropriate activity code. Is this possible to do? Thanks for any help. It is very much appreciated.

you do not have to delete the phone to add the add on module at command line.. and you can use adl keys for act codes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

correction.. you only get the kba dba prompts with req new.. so that would make me think that the station would have to be outed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I jsut did a CHG on my Release 5.50 lab system, and by responding NO to ECHG, you get the KBA/DBA

Code:
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 98547712    USED U P: 5440321 281788    TOT: 104269821
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 595 KBYTES
TNS                    AVAIL: 31606    USED:  1161    TOT: 32767

REQ: chg
TYPE: 3904
TN   004 0 04 01
ECHG no
DES  PBX201
DES
KBA

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

Don't forget about the FREE E911 Webinar Oct. 30th!
Register online at

Hi guys what are the actual commands for adding the key expansion modules and how do I go about adding the activity codes onto the modules ? i.e. what is the command for each code ?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Hi,

change KBA with nb of kba:
KBA 1
-------

programming keys :

example key 32 ADL 16

ref doc nortel of KBA:

P0905053

] M3900 Series Key-based Expansion Module Accessory Installation SheetFormat de fichier: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
P0905053. Page 1 of 2. Issue 3.00.

http://www.comm-links.co.uk/download/M3900%20KBA%20Unit%20Feature%20Card.pdf -
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back