Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M12X0 Expansion questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
US
I just install a M12X0 expansion with 2 trunk cards. I have it all wired into the 8x24, and the KSU SEES the 8 lines. How do i use the lines though? I tried activating lines 9-12 but they say "not in service" when i try to use them. I have the M12X0 plugged into port 3 of the expansion on the KSU. How can i use my new lines?

What type of expansion card are you using, 2 port or 6? And what's on it?
Also what slots do you have the trunk cards in on the Trunk module?
Gabriel

It is a 6 port expansion card labeled 3 4 5 6 7 and 8.

I have the TM M12x0 plugged into port 3.
They are in slots one and two;

They are each 4 port copper cards.

It is a 6 port expansion card.

I have my unit plugged into the 3rd plug in it.

I have 2 copper 4 port expasion card in the m12x0 TM

How do i make these 8 lines work?

Your trunk module should be in port 8. What else do you have on that card? Your trunk modules start from top to bottom, station modules are from bottom to top. If port 8 is empty, put your trunk module on it.
Gabriel

Okay, Well do.. TM is in port 8 now. So should I be able to go in there and program the lines? which lines are they?

you have an 8x24, so your lines should start at line 09, or 009, i don't remember.
Gabriel

009, but that doesent work. even though it shows up onder config>> modules

Did you enable the cards? That might prevent them from working. They should enable on a boot up, but maybe they didn't.

GO to Maintenance then go to Module Status then show Module then to TC.

Got it, now, do i have to configure all lines 9 - 12 beforei can use 9?

Lines 9 - 12 still say "not in servie" when i try to use them. why?

They phone lines are connected properly.

Yeah, that only shows module status, it does not allow me to modify it at least I think. How do i chage its status?

Cool, thats all set, but i can't figure out how to get them to work.

It is plugged into port 3.

This should be lines 9 - 12 right?

So i have configured the lines, and I Add them to a hand set, then when the handset tries to access the line, it says "Not in service" I am not sure what to do. This hardware works because it was setup at one time before.

What's an answer DN? could that have any effect on this?
\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back