Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent Cellpipe 20 S (E) Series, how to gain access via hyperterminal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlepillow

Programmer
Sep 27, 2002
DE
hi folks!

i've got a lucent cellpipe 20 S (E) DSL Modem / Router Hybrid and want to change the bandwidth limits.
to be honest, i'm not that familiar with this subject but nevertheless i've already got "Hyperterminal 6.x private edition" installed and plugged a convenient cable to establish a connection.
right now i mess arround with the settings of hyperterminal because i dont know which ones are supposed to be used.
i chose these ones:

9600=baud, data bits=8, parity=none, stop bits=1, flow control=none, VT100 emulation, xmodem protocol and everything else is all default

Although i'm not able to receive any data, what did i do wrong? may anybody be so kind and give me some hints?
greetings

igor

Sounds like your settings are correct (9600,8,None,1,None). Make sure your serial cable is a straight-through and not a null modem cable. Also try hitting Ctrl-L to refresh the screen. Finally make sure you have selected the proper COM port setting in Hyperterm.

Thanks, Lucentguy. The straight cable and Ctrl-L got me connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back