Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSP not saving trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgas5420

Technical User
Jun 18, 2009
US
I have a s8400 running 4.0 CM.Two 8300 LSPs running the same or higher software.Times on all servers are the same.I can ping both ways.Both LSP have registered to the primary.I can sa tr all or sa tr lsp and it says success.If i do a list st on lsp its blank.Could there be a blocked port and what port would that be?Also my dadmin login will not allow me to do a ch sys maint to set update lsp at daily maint.Could that have anything to do with this problem.Thanks

Thats an LSP for you. All changes have to be made on the main S8400. What you see is normal.

Shouldn't you be able to log onto LSP and do a list station and see stations programed to LSP.

I would like to correct one thing.

you should be able to log into an LSP or an ESS and see and change the translations. What you do need to understand however is that any changes you make will simply be overwritten the next time a "saves trans all" is execute on the S9400 it will push those out to the LSP/ESS. This process will overwrite any changes you make to the LSP/ESS translations.

To answer the initial question yes, you may have some ports blocked preventing the translations from being updated. You should be able to find the info in the documentation. If I have a few moments I'll try to find it and post a link.

As to the dadmin question, permissions can block this access so you may need to call avaya about that. I'm not sure what permission set it is off hand.

This may be restricted on the LSP because the system is configured as an LSP. I havent tried on my system but I do know there are a few things you cannot do on an LSP/ESS that you could normally do an an S8300/S8500.

If you can't see 'list stations' on the LSP, then something is definitely out of whack... You won't be able to see stations when you do a 'list registered' on the LSP.

'list surv' to see if it's backing up normally...

Thanks,
CJH

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

If i do a list surv command,the field for last trans saved is blank.Ill pursue the blocked port.What doc would i search to find the port that is being used?Thanks

Hi,
it happened with me before then i have opened the TCP Port 21874 which responsable to pass the translation through the firewall,

SURVIVABLE PROCESSORS
Name Type IP Address Reg LSP Translations Net
Act Updated Rgn

aurora LSP 10 .40 .1 .12 n n 2
AW_g250 LSP 10 .60 .1 .11 n n 4

Port 21874 is open to both LSPs.This is what a list surv looks like.Any thoughts?Thanks

Since it is not registered it will not get a save trans.One problem that I have seen is when you added the media gateway the wrong type of G250 was added. If its a G250 T1 then you have to add it as that type and not a generic G250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back