Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loud squeal on partner when hand set is placed on hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smky

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2009
US
Ok, I installed a partner acs 509 approx 1 yr ago. the system consists of a 509 with (2) 308ec cards in a five slot carrier. Om the original install date all system functions were tested good including over head paging. About a mth ago they started to get a loud squeal whenever they would page from a single line phone. tired new phones, squeal.. tried new page port, squeal... new processor, new five slot, new speaker, nothing is resolving this issue...I've narrowed this down to a slt plugged directly into system and a single new speaker directly into page port...all slt phones squeal when the hook switch is depressed...please help with this squeal

Elsewhere, you mentioned that the problem had been given to Avaya's support group. Have they come back with any potential solutions?

Can you expand upon connecting the speaker directly to the page port? What type of speaker is it? (Make, model is it a constant voltage model or a 4ohm /8ohm/16ohm variety)?

If you have access to one, can you connect the speaker to a paging amp (such as a Bogen TPU-100B), then connect the paging amp to the Partner ACS to see if that clears the problem?

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Avaya has contacted me. Jerri (avaya) said this is a known problem she has sent me a 9DA attenuator. I am waiting for fed ex for a few more mins. I'll let y'all know if this works

90a Attenuator installed. Issue rectified. Oh yeah

Archived post for future reference.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back