Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost door phone ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

telco71

Technical User
Nov 26, 2007
US
have Nortel compact ics that lost battery and programming. change battery, reprogram system and added all phones on answer DN for station 21 to have door bell ring all phones. works great. line two on phone system is a fax line but put on system to have another line when not in use. it is set to app only so not to ring. when that line rings after couple of times, it starts ringing on set 21. it show line 02 to prime set 21. i turned off the prime set number for line two and that worked but after that no door bell ringing on any phone. there are no lines on the DN for door intercom device. set up per program instruction on all setting. why are these two issues tied together. there is only an intercom set for prime line on the door DN. any suggestion thanks

Make Prime Line for line 2 = NONE

As for Door phone is you assign an Answer DN for 21 on ALL sets then every type of call to 21 be it internal or external it will ring ALL sets.
You are best (if you have spare station ports) to assign a spare DN as an Answer DN to all sets and have the door phone ring that spare DN instead.

Because you system is set to use 2 digit DN's you are missing out on the use of Hunt Groups, use 3 digit DN's if you want to use that feature.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

i have assumed that the first time i tested the door phone after reprogramming, station 21 was the only set that would ring. under station programming is the prime set for the door intercom which is 34 set for 21. i have gone from the location so cannot see that in programming. but why by setting line 2 prime set 21 to none would cause the door intercom not to ring on all phone with answer DN for 21. i set line 2 back to prime set 21 and it works but of course line 2 eventually starts ringing on set 21 even through i have line 2 set to app only on all sets.

When the system crashed did you do a F**STARTUP to make sure bugs are cleared or did you just start programming?
Also did you select PBX Template (best)

What version software is it? 4.0 and up has Hunt Groups but as said you must make it 3 digit DN's....now is the best time to do that and it also enables Hospitality features.v
Setup a Hunt Group which has it's own DN such as HG01 = DN 765 and add DN's you want to ring as members.
Have Door Phone call 765
or as said an unused DN/port will do for Answer DN method.

Try making Line 2 as PRIVATE, this will erase any programming on other sets related to Line 2....you can change it back to Public after.

Are you using a digital Nortel Norstar Door Phone or an analog one?

Make sure you update this thread with the resolution that worked and answer questions buy others, unlike your past where you leave everyone hanging after spending time helping you....thanks!

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

remember i have a compact ics, rel 4 i believe. been in for 15 years or so in a house no less. when it lost power it reset system to January 1 or default because of the battery being dead. did replace button battery and reprogrammed. but did not have a chance to ever see the original programming of system. customer will live with line 2 ringing of station 21 so not a big deal just for my own knowledge more than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back