Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LoseFocus Issue in 7.7.100 and 7.7 Flex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maz61

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2007
US
Running 7.7.100 and 7.7 Flex on SQL2000.

I just upgraded from 7.6.400 and 7.6.300 Flex to 7.7.100 and 7.7 Flex in my test environment. After running some tests, I noticed that some of my flex code is not running properly. The problem has to do with running a LoseFocus event. If I SetFocus to a field from the LoseFocus event, it appears to have focus on that field but does not run any of my code. I was wondering if anyone that is running 7.7.100 and 7.7 Flex can run this real simple test code below and see if it works. Run this code from Item Master Maintenance. After tabbing from the description field, a message box should come up. The message box will not come up for me. Thanks for any input on this.

Private Sub Desc_GotFocus()

Desc.Text = "Test"

End Sub

Private Sub Desc_LoseFocus(AllowLoseFocus As Boolean)

Stocked.SetFocus

End Sub

Private Sub Stocked_GotFocus()

MsgBox "Got Focus"

End Sub

I got the stocked message box to come up every time. So you updated Flex as well as progression and performed a Flex client install correct?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

That is correct. I even tried it from a different workstation in my test environment with the same results. If I tab to the stocked field the message box comes up. It just won't come up on that LoseFocus event.

I added a msgbox before the Stocked.SetFocus and the msgbox fired twice. I removed the SetFocus and it fires once, then fires again when I tab from the second description line. It still doesn't fire the msgbox in the Stocked.GotFocus event.

Correction: It does work properly when I remove the SetFocus.

Well it appears my issue is not confined to the LoseFocus event. I still have the same problem if the field loses focus by calling up a user form. Can you do one more test for me? Create a userform called TestForm and run the following code? The message box will not come up for me when I run this. Thanks.

Private Sub Desc_GotFocus()

TestForm.Show
Desc.Text = "Test"
Stocked.SetFocus

End Sub

Private Sub Stocked_GotFocus()

MsgBox "Got Focus"

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor