Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looped coverage path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 10, 2007
PL
Hi,

I have circular hunt group with IVR port extensions. I need to set up coverage for all ports busy situation to hold caller on ringback till any IVR port become available.
Available-agents parameter for vector seems do not work for this kind of hg. I've tried naive coverege path with second vdn with vector route-to IVR oryginal vdn folowed by wait-time step to create "coverage loop" but caller was disconnected just after call looped back to hg :)
Any other ideas how to deal with this ?

How do you have the IVR Ports setup?

But it my knowledge once a coverage point has been hit for the current call, the system will not go back to it. even if it is in another coverage path.

Do you have the IVR setup as 1FD, with agents assigned to those station?

I have 7434ND type stations without agents.

What worked for me on my last job, was setting up the DS1 card, assigning station to each trunk, then attaching auto login agent to each of the stations. Each IVR agent had a skill for that IVR, and if that IVR went off line Available agent step could send the call to another IVR.

That's clear for me but there is small problem - every IVR station requires additional ACD agent license. With 200 IVR stations it can be a little problem to explain my boss why we need to pay extra money just for playing ringback tone :)

I will answer to myself for next generations ;-):

The point is that connection is back to vector after unsuccessful route-to hunt group. Next we need simple wait and goto commands, eg:

03 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
04 route-to number 1111 with cov n if unconditionally (unsuccessful route - busy due to lack of free IVR ports)
07 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
08 goto step 4 unconditionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back