Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for reference who using a specific Server Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infotel

Programmer
Nov 18, 2014
CA
Hi Everyone,

We working on a sell for a big customer and we looking for reference who use a specific setup.

There it is :

2 (2 Different site)Avaya IP Office Virtual Server Edition active with SIP Trunk active in both system With full resilience between Primary and Secondary server.
3 other Site with IP Phone Connected at the primary server with Resilience at the secondary server.

We know that work because that in the doc of Avaya but our customer want a reference who user allready this kind of setup.
We have allready asking to avaya but he have delay and we need to have a answer fast.

If someone can help us, that really apreciated !

Thank you.

That is exactly what I would suggest to a customer.
emphasis on virtual servers so that you can do snapshots of the server and roll back anything that is done by upgrades that are failing or someone doing something stupid on the server itself.
I would maybe have the primary server locally on a virtual stack and the second one in a data centre for higher resiliancy.

can't get you references as we sell in the same area you do :) but maybe a few other guys will weigh in here and pointing to this thread will convince the customer that it is a good idea when techs from all over the world have the same idea how things are supposed to be setup.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back