Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for foward line 1,2,3 DIDs to line 4 DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongill

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2007
CA
Hello,

Looking for forward 3 lines to 1. The 3 lines are active did's but not programmed to a phone. The line 4 did is programmed to a phone.

I was thinking creating 3 phantom TN's and forward those to line 4.

Am I on the right track?

Yes, that's the right track. Make three Phantoms, each with the FDN you want to occur, plus the FTR DFCW to the DN of that 4th line.

Note, if a Phantom has an FDN, it will be used in "no answer" even after it is DCFW'd to another internal DN.

So, don;t overlook FDN on Phantoms. Of course, if the DCFW is an outside number, the FDN does not apply.

--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

Are they DID's that come into the system already? If so why not just build an IDC table and point them to the phone you want to.

that is what idc is there for.. stay away from phantoms if possible.. either idc or maxp 1 acd is cheaper..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Here's what we are trying to achieve. We want customers to think the sales guy is local to their city.

We have 3 locations with one sales guy.

Customers call a local number 306-555-3201 for location A
Customers call a local number 204-555-3202 for location B
Customers call a local number 724-555-3203 for location C

And those 3 local DID's numbers will forward to this sales guys office phone location D 604-999-9852 (then he can forward from his phone to where ever he is).

All DID's come into the system already but on different PRI's if that makes a difference and are all internal to the company

You should be able to do it using the IDC tables.

IDC is fine, except it does nothing for internally dialed numbers or transfers.

--
--

we will be only using it for the above scenario. If an internal user wants to get a hold of the sales guy they would call his direct extension.

so i have setup my idc table like below. How do I delete if i wanted to ?

DCNO 1
IDGT CDGT
5 8 2 0 5 7 8 7
6 4 1 0 5 7 8 7
7 4 1 8 5 7 8 7

The book says this:

To delete a DN or a DN from a range of DNs
• Prompt: Response
• IDGT: 3440
• 3440 x

Another way to "undo" while you experiment is just make them the same:

5820 5820
6410 6410
7418 7418

--
--

Keep in mind nothing in IDC comes out in DNB or TNB printouts - your work is essentially hidden from the less than average tech.

If it were me, I'd be doing Phantoms.

--
--

Also if i wanted to go the phantom way (if the did's arent already coming into the system) I get this message during

FTR DCFW 4 DN.
SCH0355
Unable to match input field with stored mnemonics

what am i missing here. I am using my own DN to test

Is the TN you are trying this on in a Phantom Loop? Not any TN can be a Phantom.

--
--

I would use an ACD DN if I was going to go the Phantom way. But hey that's just me Good luck

Well, were opening this up for interesting debate and learning for those just reading:

Let's say the DN you want to 'DCFW to' or 'NCFW to' does not have a FDN of it's own. Or maybe you want those numbers to FDN different than the target. But - you want the forwarded numbers to FDN after they ring the target for a period.

In that case, a Phantom with an FDN value will in fact FDN, even though its target number does not FDN, or FDNs somewhere else.

--
--

Point taken ghtrout, I though they were just looking to forward the numbers to one location.

I think you're right....but it's worth spreading the wealth.

--
--

this is where i programmed it. seems to be a phantom ..

DES WENDT
TN 096 0 00 03 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
ERL 00006
WRLS NO
DN 6410 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 4
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST 0
SCI 0
SCPW
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD SDND
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR MCDD T87D PKCH MPTD
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
DATE 16 SEP 2010

figured it out .. the erl should be ERL 00000

im still get busy signal after 2 rings . but im going to confirm if that number is active on the PRI.

To confirm does the number still need to be programmed in the local sites BCM or elsewhere in the CS1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back