Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for device that will auto answer either an analogue or IP phone call and play audio from an input jack until the caller hangs up.

JasonRothwell1988

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2020
US
Looking for device that will auto answer either an analogue or IP phone call and play audio from an input jack until the caller hangs up.

This should do the trick.
Thanks. This looks great except that it will only use the audio (tapeplayer) jack to make a recording. I'm looking to have live audio play ("stream") through the input jack, not just record. I should have specified that I wanted "live" or "streaming" audio from an external device. My bad.

You can put an auto lifter on a handset that when the phone rings the auto lifter picks the handset up and then you pipe the sound directly into the receiver

Using auto attendant to answer the call then transfer the call to a phone that is physically on the system but does not have a telephone connected does not have any ring out timers and is not call forwarded. While the call is being routed to the extension that is ringing the user will experience music on hold that music can be whatever the hell you want it to be. As long as it's set up like this it'll ring at that extension until Hell Freezes Over or the user hangs up. While it's ringing at that extension they will continuously hear whatever hold music you want them to hear

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back