Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a feature 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixnewbie

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2013
US
One of the biggest complaints about our IPO 8.1 system is the inability to send a live call directly to another user's voicemail. This should be possible in One-X Portal but is a glaring oversight in my opinion. Also the ability to forward voicemail from One-X to another user is missing. I am curios if anyone with v.9 can tell me if they have implemented this feature.

Thanks,
Stephen

Press the transfer button and select the user and you should be able to send it to voicemail.
If that is not the case then create a shortcode and transfer to the shortcode.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hmmm, if you choose transfer, I was not aware of a way to choose for it to go directly to their voicemail. This would be no matter what, even if they are available and off the phone.
Expound on the shortcode option. I spent some time there trying to figure out a way to do it before posting here and didn't succeed.
This is sending a caller directly to voicemail without it ringing the user, even if they are available and not on the phone.

Stephen

Start by reading the user guides. Many of the Avaya phones can do exactly what you want by default. What phones do you have?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Make sure the system is set to visual voice for the message button, then just press the message button in call and it asks what mailbox you want to transfer to, provided they have 14xx,16xx,95xx or 96xx handsets :)

Short Code = #XXXX
Feature = Voicemail Collect
Telephone Number = "#"N
Line Group Id 0

Note: the 'X' characters must be upper case; amount of X’s depends on extn number length
To transfer a call direct to a user’s mailbox with this short code:
Press Transfer > # > extension number >Transfer > hang up phone

Thank you. It looks like those are the pointers I need. We are running 1608 and 9608 phones so we should be good.

Stephen

No need for a short code:
When set to visual voice mode, the key messages key can be used to transfer your current call to the voicemail mailbox of another user or group.
1. With the call connected, press the key messages key. You are still connected to the call and can continue talking.
2. Dial the extension number of the user or group to which you want to transfer the call.
3. When the number matches a user or group, their name is displayed.
• To transfer the call to the user or group's mailbox, press Select. The caller will hear a few seconds of ringing and then the mailbox greeting.
• To exit the transfer menu, press Cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back