Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logo on 7912/7940/7960 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesshome

Technical User
Dec 27, 2004
ES
What must I do for include a logo on the display?

The documentation explains this:
Step 1 Open a command window and type the following command:

bmp2logo imageID image.bmp image.logo

where:

•imageID is a unique identifier for the new figure. This identifier must be a number from 0 through 4294967295 and must be different than the identifier of the figure that is currently on the phone.

•image is the base file name of the image that you previously created and saved with the graphics program.

For example, if the image identifier is 10 and the base name of your image file is mylogo, type this command:

bmp2logo 10 mylogo.bmp mylogo.logo

Step 2 Copy the image.logo file to the root directory on the TFTP server
Step 3.- Edit the profile.

BUT HOW CAN I EDIT THE PHONE´S PROFILE? I CAN´T SEE A FILE GKXXXXXXXX.CFG. SO I CAN EDIT ANYTHING.

HOW CAN I EDIT THE PHONE´S PROFILE
Really how can we do this ?

Mohamed Farid
[green]Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!![/green]
CCNP,CCSP,CCA,MCSE,MCSA

I have read in the documentation that I must edit the gkxxxxxxxxx.cfg file for editing the phone profile, but I can´t see this file. I don´t know if exist another method for editing the phone profile. Really I would like to include a logo in my phone but I don´t know what must I do.

Here u have:

1. Create this empty file: gkdefault.txt
upgradelogo:10,192.168.10.92,acotel.logo

Yes, only need that line, change your IP and logo, the IP is the address of your CCME

2. Compile that file using cfgfmt, the ouptput file must to be gkdefault.cfg

3. In the router with CCME:

tftp-server flash:gkdefault.cfg alias Spain/gkdefault.cfg
tftp-server flash:acotel.logo

and it works, if you are using something different from CCME I suposse you need to make some changes.

pepe eres español? asi hablamos mejor en castellano
voy a ver si pruebo eso y te comento.

Pepe 301 says: "3. In the router with CCME:

tftp-server flash:acotel.logo

and it works, if you are using something different from CCME I suposse you need to make some changes." I use cisco call manager 3.3 but i don´t know if it is express or it isn´t
Really I don´t know what must I do.. must I type this?
tftp-server flash:acotel.logo, but, where? and how can I do it?

No, CCME runs in a router, if You are using CCM its different you need to place that files in an expecial directory in your CCM computer.

this directory is c:/program files/cisco/tftppath
but now I have 2 questions:
1.- When I make the image.logo, this file contains 0 bytes.
2.- When I try to compile gkdefault ( I am doing the following in the directory where the file is is the cfgfmt tool and I type: cfgfmt gkdefault.txt gkdefault.cfg it appears an error "error: unknow or encrypted file: `gkdefault.txt´". And it appears a file gkdefult.cfg with 0 bytes.

I have compiled the image.logo again and now contains 10KB. I have also compiled the gkdefault.cfg too and now contains 40KB.
I have put these files on c:/program files/cisco/tftppath, but has no effect when I restart the 7912g phones :(
Have I forgotten something?

I still have the same problem : "error: unknow or encrypted file: `gkdefault.txt"

Mohamed Farid
CCNP,CCSP,CCA,MCSE,MCSA

I manage to pass the error by adding these 2 lines to the gkdefault.txt file :

#txt
UIPassword:0
upgradelogo:10,0,mylogo.logo

but I still get nothing on the Phone !
[ul]
[li] I used the TFTP IP Address - which is the CCM IP[/li]
[li] I used (0) instead of the IP as mentioned on some Cisco Sites.[/li]
[/ul]

still nothing changed on the Phones !

Mohamed Farid
CCNP,CCSP,CCA,MCSE,MCSA

Try to compile the file directly from c:/
I had the same error, but when I moved the files to c:/ and compiled the files in c:/ so it worked.
The documentation explains that you must use c:/.
Now I have the files compiled and these are on the directory c:/program files/cisco/tftppath but the phones don´t show the logo... I don´t know why is it...
Any idea?

me and netwalker cannot change the logo on the 7912 till now ??
can anyone advice ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back