Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logical Progression of Steps for Programming AA with CCR on a Flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeleTech48

Vendor
Dec 29, 2003
I am in search of a step-by-step programming method of adding the Automated Attendant and CCR feature to a Norstar Flash Voice-mail.
As I understand what I have read on the process it works in this fashion:
The Company Greeting is played first, and then you are forwarded to the Home Menu where your instructions are recorded for the callers. (Not actually call forwarded) The paths are assigned and the services that each path will provide are selected i.e. transfer point, menu etc.
I also have read that the lines must be told that the AA will answer and, how many rings will occur before AA answers the call.
There is also the question of greeting tables, day and night.
I really do not have a clue as to what I need to do first, second, third etc. or what the logical progression is to programming this stuff.
This is on a working system and I would prefer not to cause the customer an outage.
Thanks,

Teletech48

write out what your menu will be...what extensions will be and what vm will be try it this way
0 menu 1 sub menu
1.1 tran 222 1.2 vm tr 233
2 tran 244
3 sub menu
3.1 ext trans 91800551212
3.2 trans 255
3.3 trans 232
3.4 trans 200
remember you only have 8 options and they are 1 thru 8
you only have 2 levels on the tree if its a flash
and remember a good tech will only cost ya 1 hour of labor if you do you end of the job before he gets there...as for the order
1 assign the greeting to aa(1) make all options for table 1
2 disable tree (1)
3 program tree "record dead air"
4 record all greetings and menu "you can record the whole thing in ccr tree but i would do a "you have reached abc comp norm bus hours are m-f 8 to 5 if you know your party ext you may dial it now or press the pound sign to reach the company directory"
then in menu record to reach sales press 1
sales sub menu ...to reach billy bob press 1
to reach big bertha press 2 ...sub menu is 11
to blah blah blah press 2

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

luv2ski,

Do you have an email address that I could send you the template that I have drawn-up,just to see if this might be on the right track?

pat.guido@nextiraone.com

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

you would also want to make sure that you have created all the mailboxes that you will be using first; by that you can't make a mailbox transfer point or an info mailbox point if the mailbox hasent been created (you will also get a error message if the mailboxes aren't initialized).

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

jerryreeve,

The mailboxes have all been created,but I beleive that the customer wants more than the flash will do.

They have been listening to a NAM at another location,and are trying to pattern there flash like the NAM.
Do you have a template of a sample CCR?

My experience is on the Meridian Mail and larger PBX's,and my documentation for CCR is nill.

Thanks,

Teletech48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back