Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locked out of G430 - S8300 system, even tho I can change root password. POTS lines not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalphNY

MIS
Mar 13, 2013
US
Hello,
I've worked with IP office and other systems, but this is my first experience with a G430 and S8300 system. The company which had been servicing this system has gone out of business, and the customer does not know the passwords.

I was able to reset the root password using the back door password ggdaseuaimhrke via service port / 192.11.13.6 address. I can now see the java applet, but and set a limited number of features through it and through the command line, but I'm unable to change any password other than root.

If I attempt to log in via the lan port, the root password that works on the service port doesn't work. I can't change the password of any other user shown in 'show-user', and creating a new user with access-type admin doesn't allow them to log in via the LAN port either.

This system had been fully working, but the office was just moved, and the T1 line which had been their main trunk for incoming and outgoing calls is not yet installed in the new office.

In the previous office, only one POTS line was connected to the M711, 8 port analog FXO interface board. Now, whether a POTS line is connected to that port or any of the other ports, calls in don't get picked up, and calls out don't go out.

The extensions can dial each other, and can dial 9, and hear what seems like an internal dial tone, then an external dial tone, but even that must be from the system, since it is heard if the POTS lines are disconnected.

The phone numbers on the pots lines include at least three of the same phone numbers as the previous T1, and there are now only three people in the new, smaller office, but the phone numbers have no numbers in common with the extensions.

All I want is to unlock whatever passwords I need to, in order to configure the system to use the POTS lines connected to it. Please Help!

I'm willing to pay someone for phone support, if you can call me at 631-741-8443. Thanks a lot, Ralph.

you will need to find a bp immediatly so the passwords can be reset, there will be a charge from avaya for this service, I would start here. Once you have all of the passwords then you can look at the system programming to see what is programmed etc...

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

I've contacted an avaya business partner, but it's a shame that there is apparently no back door to the S8300 server module.

All of the pages about 'reset password' for these media gateway systems have only talked about resetting the Service port's root password, which doesn't let me configure the S8300 much, if all.

I've read a decent amount about how to use the S8300 via Tutty with AT&T 513 keyboard emulation on SSH port 5022, and configure things once I get in.

The MM711 board's analog ports need to be either set as FXO ports, or if they are already, to be set up as trunk that is used by default by the extensions.

I am still willing to pay for support by phone, if anyone can help me unlock this— 631-741-8443. Thanks a lot, Ralph.

Hang on, you are confusing the difference between the S8300 and the Gateway. 2 totally different things.

The Gateway is a dumb device that looks to a MGC (Media Gateway Controller - in this case the S8300) for service.

Do you know your Sold To? If so, Simply call 800-242-2121 and talk to a rep there and let them know you need assistance in getting your PW reset. BUT it must be connected to a modem (PRE 6.x) or SAL 6.x and higher.

RalphNY,

Did you get help on this one yet? Do you have a normal user or superuser login to the server? Have you tried to access the web interface of the server?

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back