Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local Operator access from CM through PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

iuman

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
US
I am having problems accessing our local operator from call manager phones. Currently, the call reaches our 7206 gateway, but is rejected on the PBX end for "unallocated number".

Here is the dial-peer I have that the calls are using. From our PBX, 9 is always used to access outside lines, so we have used the same dialplan for phones from call manager.

dial-peer voice 91 pots
description "PSTN 9+ dialing via SL-100 (Primary)"
destination-pattern 9T
direct-inward-dial
port 1/1:23
forward-digits all

When the dialed digits "90" pass to the PBX, should give a local operator (9 for the access code, 0 for the operator.)

All other 9+ calls seem to work correctly, except for 90 and 900. Both 90 and 900 dialed calls reject due to isdn code "unallocated number"

Anyone else have this problem?

On IOS 12.3.5 if that matters.

I just tested mine. We use a PRI and 90 got me the operator. I assume that you have setup the route pattern as something like 9.@ and set the discard digits to none. This is how mine is setup. i seperated my inbound and outbound dial peers.

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description Incoming Call Manager Extensions
incoming called-number 3[0,1]..
direct-inward-dial
port 3/0:D

dial-peer voice 3 pots
description Outbound PSTN calls using just a 9 (call manager send a 9)
destination-pattern 9
port 3/0:D

By doing it this way, I was able to get the 90 to go to the operator. Hope this helps.

I tried your setup, but got the same result -- isdn message "unallocated number"

What kind of PBX do you have? Can you show me your config for you interfaces?

I am running call manager 3.3(2). What is the router you are using? What is the PBX you are using? Here are my serial interfaces on my AS5350. I use it for dial in, dial out and voice. Great machine, but they are still working the bugs out.

controller T1 3/0
framing esf
crc-threshold 0
linecode b8zs
cablelength short 133
pri-group timeslots 1-24
!
controller T1 3/1
framing esf
crc-threshold 0
linecode b8zs
cablelength short 133
pri-group timeslots 1-24
!
interface Serial3/0:23
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
dialer idle-timeout 900
isdn switch-type primary-5ess
isdn incoming-voice modem
isdn bchan-number-order ascending
no fair-queue
no cdp enable
ppp authentication ms-chap
ppp multilink
!
interface Serial3/1:23
no ip address
isdn switch-type primary-5ess
isdn protocol-emulate network
isdn incoming-voice modem
no cdp enable
!
voice-port 3/0:D
!
voice-port 3/1:D
!

We had trouble reaching our local operator on Ericsson MD110 but it was nothing to do with Call Manager directly.

Our Call Manager connects to the Ericsson over a QSig tieline route. We had to add a call origin group to the Ericsson operator position to tell it what to do with calls coming in from the Cisco tieline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back