Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Live Communications Server 2005 (LCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalfusion

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I'm about to setup a test network with an IP406v2 and Win2k3 and LCS 2005 to try out the integration. The documentation is awful, so does anyone have some words of wisdom on how to configure the LCS part?

I want to use MS Communicator exclusively. I don't care about Phone Manager Pro (PMP) or its features. I basically want to use TAPI for Outlook and Communicator for presence awareness. Will that work, or is PMP neccesary?

I heard about the voicemail email address being the same as the SIP login name, so no problem there.

MS Office Communicator is on the Avaya roadmap but it will probably not come before 2008 so until then you'll need PM.

Yeah it appears that you need SIP for use with MS Communicator 2005. Since IPO doesn't support SIP phones we are out of luck. Office Communicator 2007 is entering Beta shortly so I bet Avaya will wait until that is finalized.

4.0 will support SIP Phones, if that is all that is required for LCS you should be ok.

4.0 supports sip trunks not sip phones

CSTA is also required to make LCS work. SIP is used more or less for voice communication and the Commuicator client to the LCS Server. CSTA provids the signalling/call control from the IP-PBX to the LCS Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back