Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lithium battery on BP250

Status
Not open for further replies.

alethewizard

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2023
IT
Hello.

What could happen to an old lithium battery on BP250's CPU-D5 board?
Could it fail? If yes, what is the countermeasure?

Thanks.
Best regards.

Thank you, inlsp05!

What is the right procedure to replace?

I think:
- switch off the PBX
- replace the battery
- switch on the PBX
- restore the configuration from backup
Right?

Thanks.
Best regards.

Just put off pbx and then replace battery .this just affect date and time .you need set date and time agaian

PG4E

I had a similar issue with an old lithium battery on my BP250's CPU-D5 board a while back. The battery could definitely fail over time, especially if it's a 3.6V D ER34615 Li-SoCl2 Battery. I remember when mine started acting up; the device would randomly shut down, and I couldn't figure out why.

Eventually, I replaced the old battery with a new 3.6V D ER34615 Li-SoCl2 Battery. It was a game-changer! No more random shutdowns, and the device has been running smoothly ever since. If you suspect your battery is failing, swapping it out for a new one could be a solid countermeasure. It's a simple fix that can save you a lot of headaches down the line.

Thank you gisselletdean!

Please confirm that after battery replacement you must recover the previous configuration: I have tried to replace but I lose the configuration.

Thanks.
Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back