Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

listview - aligning captions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickesilaw

Programmer
Jun 24, 2002
CA
If you have multiple rows of icons with a short caption in the first row and column, then long captions in any other first row and column, rows and first columns do not display all of caption (part of caption is cut-off the left of the listview control). However, if you display in detail format the go back to icon format, the captions are ok.

How can we control spacing of captions - or can we? I tried padr, padl and it sort of works but doesn't look right. (e.g. - row one has caption of "Inquiry", row two has caption of "Print Multiple Inquiries")

This thread re-submitted in forms/classes - moved from general

rickesilaw,

I posted an answer to your original thread on this topic (as did some others, I think). Was the thread deleted? I couln't find it in a keyword search? Did you see my earlier response?

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

yes - it was deleted - they asked me to move here - so far I have had no success except as described above.

rickesilaw,

Pity it was deleted. I don't remember exactly what I wrote, but I think I said that you can set the column width implicitly when you add the column (it's the fourth parameter to the Add method). Also, once you have got an object reference to the item, you can adjust its width property.

However, there does not seem to be any way of telling the listview to do this automatically. In other words, there is no equivalent of the Autofit method in VFP's native grid.

All this applies to the listview in "detail" view (that's the only one with columns).

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back