Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List usage Vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy993x19

Technical User
Jul 9, 2004
US
Hello to all, I'm trying to see which numbers point to what vectors, when I type in the command List Usage Vectors, I get the "vector" is not a valid qualifier. How d I find what points to a vector. I've inherited a system that has been running on auto pilot for at least 4 years

Try list extens XXXX count XXXX. This will produce a report and tell you if the number is an extension or a vector. Also what release are you running? My system allows li usage vector!

Thanks
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

List VDN" should enable you to see what is going to which vector.

Alternatively you can use the "List usage vector #" where # is equal to the vector number you wish to see the usage for.

You can do a list vectors. That will give you all of your vectors, and then do a disp vector ?? and that will give you all the members of that vector.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

type in "list usage" and then f5 for help; see what options you have then.

I have tried "list usage vector x" on systems running software between v6-CM2 all worked OK.

Thanks all...The only commands I'm allowed after "list usage" are button type, extension, and hunt-group...What I'm trying to do is clean up some stuff...I have vectors with 20 steps that could be done in 10, I also want to redirect to different vm/announcments..I have 20 vectors, but I can't tell whats active. I also have 20 vdn's that point to 11 of the known vectors. To further complicate matters there are two sites involved and those before me kept no notes. I'm very hesitent to update a vector live, and would much rather build the replacement, test it, then point the numbers to the new one. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Make sure you are using the word "vector" (singular) not "vectors" (plural with an s). If you use "vectors", it will fail.

as 1a22ip said, what release are you running? type newterm and paste the software version into a post

Also, what login do you use? Could this be a permissions problem? Check your permissions/additional restrictions (disp perm xxxxx) where xxxxx is your login.

System: G3siV6 Software Version: G3V6i.03.1.230.6 Thats the version I'm on, my permissions list yes for all but system managment data transfer and maintain enhanced DS1. Thanks for everyones help

I have setup a test login with the same permissions, "list usage vector" is there, so it's not a permissions problem.

The system I tested this on is running release 6.3.2 and this system supports the "List usage vector" command.

If you type "change" and then f5, do you get the option to change a vector?

Yes, I do get vector as an option...I've made some test vectors, but I'm hesitant to go live with them until I can redirect all the numbers to them...Thanks

all I can think is that this command is not supported on your software version...

One of the earlier posts suggested "list vdn" if you use DSA or ASA run "list vdn" and export the list to excel, you can separate the columns to get a list of vectors currently in use. Bit more long winded but you'll get the result you want

Thanks to all that replied...I think I should be able to figure it out via the list vdn report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back