Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

list measurements trunk-group summary today-peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXJay

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
When I do a list measurements trunk-group summary today-peak I am seeing something odd for today. Our 6 T lines are bound from the network side to hunt through all the channels, I put 4 of those T in trunk group 6 with 96 channels and 2 Ts in trunk group 7 with 48 channels. During the measured hour of 900am it read as follows

Grp Grp Grp Grp Meas Total Total Inc. Out % Out
No. Size Type Dir Hour Usage Seize Seize Srv ATB Blk
6 96 tie two 900 1085 464 364 0 0 0
7 48 tie two 900 5 24 24 24 9 0

I have a call center and we get a high volume of inbound calls, I normally do not utilize trunk 7 except during peak hours on Tues/Thursday. When I do I usually get overflow to Trunk 7 it has been as high as 24 without any All Trunk Busy (ATB) I did a Status Tr 7 when I noticed it but everything is showing inservice/idle. The only thing I can think of is my T may have taken a hit and went down briefly during that overflow. Any ideas?
Jay

1 Span in trunk group 7 definately went down. If you are using it for overflow, shouldn't your trunk 6 show ATB before any calls even went to trunk 7? Even stranger, if 7 has 48 members, and assuming 24 of them did go down, and you only took 24 calls during the busy hour on this trunk group, this would imply that you only took 24 calls on group 7 but they all came in at roughly the same time busying out the group. Weird.

The usage doesn't even add up. 5 total CCS for the group shows if 24 calls were taken and busied the group out, they all came in at the same time for exactly 20 seconds each. A more likely explanation is that you lost both spans in group 7 for less than 1 minute. With 0 ATB in group 6, it shouldn't have been an issue.

Thanks for your imput. My main concern is that the next time I get spillover into trunk 7 that it might drop the T.
I have place test calls on various channles using Facility Test Calls and they have completed fine.

I have a code listed under page two of Feature Access Code. I typed my fac test calls code (in my case a 3 digit number), then the DS1 board number 01305 (3 is used in place of c) plus the channel I dial out of (1-24) You need to pause a second, then I placed my test call 1-845-xxx-xxxx. The call works fine, I don't need to dial a 9 since this by-passes the ARS and uses trunk routing.
The whole thing looks like:
XXX 01305XX 1845XXXXXXX

i tried to put the facity test call on my system.but after dialing the channel number i get an ambulance tone.

my facity acces code is 572.
so when i dial

572 01313XX i get the ambulance tone.i can not dial the test call number.

any suggestions

Nagesh

What is the DS1 board number you are trying? What you described in the example above would be the 3rd carrier and the card located in slot 13. (01313) My cabinets/carriers only have 10 slots in them. I have 3 carriers. Carrier A would be 011XX Carrier B would be 012XX and Carrier C would be 013XX

-Jay

Your station's COR needs permission to do a FAC test call. -CL

Jay

the ds1 board numbers are as follows

01c12
01c13
01c14
01c15

is there anything else that i need to do?

lopes1211

by your station's COR needs permission to do a FAC test call
do u mean the field Facility Access Trunk Test to be set y

if yes.then it is already set yes

is there anything more required

Nagesh

That should be it to the best of my recolection. You may need to also add Console permissions to that phone's COS. I don't remember off the top of my head. If you are only going to place the Facility test calls from that phone, you may want to modify an unused COS so only that phone is affected. Give a shot and let us know

-Jay

my station has got the console permissions also.anything else required.

plz let me know

Nagesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back