Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking to Subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJtechnical

Technical User
Aug 7, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have had a Quotation form with a linked subform which has until now been linked via the quote number(Number Field) I now need to change the quote number to a text field. This I have done successfully, but I just cant get the two forms to now link on this field.

When the the subform tries to insert the quote number of the form into the record as it used to, it now says "The value you entered is not valid for this field".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you followed through and changed the column type in both the Quote Header and Quote details tables?

Have you checked form controls to ensure they have nothing in them (ie in their properties) which would preclude the use of a text field

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Thanks Mr Ken Reay,

A case of having stared at the problem so long, I couldnt see the woods for the trees. The main form had two controls displaying the quote number, one very small one barely visible to the naked eye, honestly!

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back