Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttscanada

Programmer
May 4, 2007
CA
I have a BCM50 ver 3, they want to use Line Redirection to send calls to a cell phone. The redirection works, but it grabs a line to make the call and therefore ties up 2 lines for the duration of the call. The customer has the Call Transfer feature from the telco, and can the link feature to transfer calls off the system externally. I just can't get the Line Redirection feature to do it.

The Link at CO box is set to TRUE for all lines.

Anyone have some luck with this feature?
Thanks

you could use cfwd (feat 4)as long as redirect for the set is enabled.

But that's using 2 trunks, he want's to do a Flash Hook on the trunk and do the transfer to the new number.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Are the trunks PRI or Copper?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Link Transfer is Transfer, not redirect or forward. Automatic Link Transfer is available as a CCR Transfer point, or as an option from a Mailbox.

The trunks are copper....and yes, I'm trying to get the Line Redirection to initiate a flash on the line. So far, all I've been able to do is get the F71 to appear as the first digits outpulsed on the 2nd line the system uses to redirect (observed thru the Monitor App).

What I need to figure out is how to get the system to flash the trunk the call came in on and not grab a second trunk.

don't think your going to get this to happen like you want it. You can do like someone suggested above and use the Voicemail to do it. Another thing is to have Call Forward allowed by your provider then you can just forward that line using their code to where you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back