Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line ID on Recp. Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneDoctorLV

Vendor
Aug 21, 2009
US
Installed a CICS for an attorney. They have two hunts groups of 4 lines each one for english and spanish.

I have distinctive rining on L1-4 and L31-34. All calls ring only to the Recp. M7324 set. I have them set for ring only because. Ony the time and date show when the calls ring. Is there a way to have the display show what line is ringing before she answers. I do not have enought buttons to show all 11 exts. & the features buttons which is why I do have have it set for APPEAR & RING.

The lines are lables ENG 1,2,34 and SPAN 1,2,3,4

Set Caller ID and make it lead with the line name.

I need the display to show the actual line NAME that I have assigned to it before they answer so they know to answer in english or spanish.

Under Telco features for that set, turn clid off for the lines. She'll still see the clid when she answers the call.

So it is wither one or the other? CLID when ringing if CLID is turned on or Line Name will appear if CLID is turned off but as soon as the line is answered the CLID will replace the Line Name?

I tried that I turned it off and all I still see is the time and date and no Line Name when the phone is ringing before it is answered.

TELCO/FEATURE ASSIGN/001/CALLER ID/N

Should not the display show the line that is ringing before it is answered?

If you already have distinctive rining on L1-4 and L31-34
Where's the problem

I want them to be able to look at their display and see how to answer before picking up. Sometimes they have temporary staff and they do not listen to the ring. It is a very busy office.

I only say that because its odd that no matter what.. time and date stays.
However thats a usefull feature when you want CALLS and MSG displayed on top of Softkeys instead of Mess For You diplayed accross the whole screen.
Come to think of it you would think any call info of any sort would show be it caller id or line id...even if static time was on or off.

Will the display show an internal callers name or DN? in case the display is stuck.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back