Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

line feed for ms outlook from VFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

creedprg

MIS
Aug 31, 2005
PH

i tried to search any code to put a line feed in ms outlook message body.

the out put should be like this:
Time start : 09:00
time end : 12:00

but when i tried to put it on outlook body it will look like this :
Time start : 09:00 time end : 12:00

it tried chr(13) + chr(10) but it didn't work.

Thanks
Creed.

First link is valid for Javascript and some other computer languages, \r and \n are nothing else but CHR(13) and CHR(10), This can't be the reason.
The seconf link tells every TWO or more linefeeds are removd, but not a single one, so this also can't be the reason.

If you put CHR(13)+CHR(10) into the HTMLBody of a mail, they have no influence. in HTML you need the br tag to add a line break.

So what do you set? Body or HTMLBody?

Bye, Olaf.

I agree that the first link is for Javascript, but I believe that some answers contains valid solutions like:
- Lines that end with 3 or more spaces turn continuation off.
- You can force a line break in outlook when attaching one (or two?) tab characters (\t) just before the line break (CRLF).
\t in Foxpro is chr(9)

I didn't test any of them, so you can be right that they are useless.

Respectfully,
Vilhelm-Ion Praisach
Resita, Romania

I do this all the time and never have a problem with CRLF being dropped. I think Olaf nailed this with the HTMLbody suggestion. If that isn't it, how about showing us the code?

Hello guys

Problem has been solve by using

Code:
"From	: &varfrom_time" ;
+ '%0D%0A';
+"To	:  &varto_time";
+ '%0D%0A';

It works perfectly... thanks guys.

OK, so without confirming it you've confirmed you're working with HTML.

Glad you got it sorted! (Although I suspect you're working too hard!)

Actually %0D and %0A are URLEncoded versions of chr(13) and chr(10), but not HTML entities, that would need to be &#x0d;&#x0a; or &#13;&#10;, but won't create a visible line break, you'd need a br tag (that means "<br>") for a line break, or put paragraphs in <p>paragraph text</p>.

Are you using Shellexecute of a mailto: URI or are you really automating Outlook as Outlook.Application?

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back