Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line and Voicemail configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltbaggz

Programmer
Sep 30, 2006
US
We currently have one system that is supporting 2 different groups/offices in the same building. Lines 1,2,3,6 are used for one office and lines 4-5 are used for the second office. Lines 4,5 will ring the 2 appropriate extensions but when the voice mail kicks in on these two lines, it puts them to the default mailbox 10 which is part of the other office and causes customer confusion. Is there a way to configure these lines 4 and 5 to default to a specific mailbox if they are not answered instead of being transfered to default VM?

There is no auto attendant configured (there will be in the next couple of weeks) it has a large 16port VM card and it is a Partner ACS R7.

Hopefully this is clear, if not I will be happy to provide more information.

Thanks for the help,
Drew

Set up line coverage ext #208 and assign lines 4,5 to the ext you want to answer.Also is it a 6 port voice mail because they do not make a 16 port.

haha im sorry 16 mailbox 2 port. you are absolutely correct.

I will give this a try! Thanks for the help.

Drew

One thing to remember on the 16 mailbox PC card is you only get 1 auto attendant and one main greeting no day and night grettings only 1 greeting.Just throwing that out there to keep in mind.

Marty

I am in the same boat here. However assigning extension 18 to lines 5,6,7 in my case will not forward to extension 18's voicemail. It just goes to the default greeting for extension 10. What am I missing?

I have found that it is only line 5 that is going to the main greeting. Lines 6 and 7 both go to extension 18's voicemail. Where do I take line 5 out of whatever it needs to be taken out of?

To direct a line to the Automated Attendant, use #206-(Line Number)-1

To direct a line to a specific mailbox, use #206-(Line Number)-2, AND, #208-(Line Number)-(Extension Number)

Also, be sure the line is actually assigned to the extension, AND, it must have either Immediate or Delayed Ring (Not "No Ring"). And, of course, that extension is set for Automatic VMS Coverage in #310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back