Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line access and Line Pool issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexcomnt

Instructor
Jul 12, 2007
US
Hi,

I have a client who has a BCM 3.7 200 and wants to do something I have never heard of before but swears his other office with a newer BCM 50 with expansion is doing. He has 4 lines which he wants line access to...like the standard square template. He also wants the phone to find an open outside line whenever he picks up the receiver, like line pool. ATT somewow made this work on his BCM 50 system with 3 total trunk lines at his other office. Does anyone know a way to do this? Many thanks in advance. One other question, why does an ATAII work on a BCM 50 and not a BCM 200. Is there a switch I am overlooking???

Neil.

Setup the prime line as the line pool. That will give them access to the first available line in the pool.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.---George Carlin

Will the 4 lines still show up for the line access if I do this? So I don't have to add the lines to the pool (181, 182, 183, 184), then assign it as Line Pool A, right?

CTCINY is correct, change the Prime line to the Line Pool where your analog trunks are.

ATA II's do work on a BCM 200...

Obviously the ATA II that you have is not working
-> make sure the you have the proper power supply (voltage and amperage is correct)
-> is there power getting to the ATA?
-> have you tried this ATA on another system to ensure that it works?

I plugged the ATAII into a working extension on the BCM200 system and it did not work..took it to the BCM50 system and it worked fine. I did this with 2 units with the exact same results. Is there a default on the ATAII or BCM that I need to change?

How can I assign the lines to the Line Pool and still keep them listed each as direct access buttons on 1,2,3, and 4? That is my confusion.

All you are doing when creating the Line Pools is telling the system that the specific trunks can be used for each line pool.

Think if there are 2 companies on your system, you have all the lines terminated to the BCM, then you give each company their respective line pools so each company use their own telephone lines rather than their counterparts. You can still have the lines Appear and Ring on the sets, but also dialing 9 will only give them the Line pools they are allowed to use.

Access the Lines on the BCM and put the trunks in Line Pool A.

The ATA, there is nothing that I can think of to make it work any differently, but I will look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back