Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line 064 goes straight to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadflies

MIS
Jan 25, 2005
US
I am having difficulty with a BCM50e going straight to voicemail on line 064. The other three lines ring through the AA correctly, the fourth is not in the AA and until last week was ringing as expected. This week, it may ring once and goes straight into voicemail. How do I get this line to ring and not have voicemail answer it?

Does that line ring or appear and ring on any phone that might be hard forwarded to mail?

it appears on all the phones in the office and rings on most sets. It's intent is to be a back line to reach the office staff. I had thought of it being hard forwarded, but with making some changes, it switched vm boxes it was being sent to, adding to my confusion...

I would put that line in a Hunt Group and assign the phones to the Hunt Group. That way it will not follow the forward feature.

Make sure that one of the phones which has an indicator for that line is not Call Forwarded to voice mail.

I have added the line to a hunt group... it still goes into voicemail after one ring. I have checked all the phones and I cannot find any that are forwarded to voicemail. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

This may be a stupid question, but is the AA greeting the same for line 64 as it is for the other lines?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Remove it from all phones and hunt groups and put it in a ring group.

It's not going through the AA. I am trying to set it up sort of as a back line so anything on that line rings all phones.

I assume that you have already gone into Feature 983 and to Lines and changed line 64 not to answer. If you have done this and "AA" is still answering, then I go back to my previous question. Is the AA the same on line 64 as it is on the other lines. If it is not, and I would say it is not, then you have a problem with voicemail from the carrier. I have seen this happen before.

I took the time to read all the way through. Is it AA that answers or is it a voicemail that answers? Check the Prime set for the line. DRT may be causing the problem.

It is the VM that is answering and it varies which box it is going to...

What is DRT?

Delayed Ring Transfer to Prime. After so many rings it will go to the Prime set. There must be something that you are missing. You should be able to put line 64 into a hunt group to ring all phones. Hunt groups do not follow call forwarding. Double and Triple check your programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back