Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limiting email access in Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottge

Technical User
May 2, 2005
US
Hello,

I am looking to limit certain email accounts to only to be able to send/receive email from within our LAN, therefore restricting access to the outside via the Internet. These accounts are already established within our domain, and I would like to simply provide permissions to these existing accounts, if possible. I am not very proficient at administering Exchange email accounts, and have read a little on how providing certain rules via the SMTP Virtual Server could possibly accomplish this, but am unclear at to how to go about doing so. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We use an SMTP connector in our routing group.

Within the delivery restrictions tab you can set the connector to reject messages from AD users.

Neill

faq955-5965

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

The article was helpful, but did not seem to explain how to prevent users from sending Internet email, unless I missed something within the reading. Finding material relating to keeping users from sending Internet email is the one area that I am most concerned about, and any clear-cut instructions on how to do this seems to be very sparse, at least from what I've seen thus far. I'll keep trying though...

You missed it in the FAQ, near the end...

Second place is in any Internet Mail SMTP Connectors you have for your organization. Go into the Properties for each connector and select the Delivery Restriction tab. Add the accounts in question to the Reject Messages From list.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

I thought I missed something. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back