Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit listbox (in subform) records based on txt control on main form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvital

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
US
Hi All,

I have a main form with four tab controls. In each tab control I have main form/subform(s) combinations. I have a listbox search in one of these tab control main forms for the user to search the records previously entered on that form (they do not want to use the record navigation buttons). The listbox (unbound) works, but is populated with all the records. I only want the records for the particular building I am in on the main form (where the tab controls are). The building control is a text box and is not populated when the form is opened (that information is populated on another form) and it is only displayed on this form.

Can I limit the records of a listbox to show only the records based on a txt control on a main form?

I know a little confusing. Here is the form structure.

Main Form
Building Information
Tab Control - Material Info
Main Form - Homog Material (Listbox here; list all homog material IDs for all buildings, but I want to show only those for the building I am in)
Subform Sample Information

The forms are linked by building_id.

thanks in advance!

Thank you!

I saw this article in my search, but cannot get it to work. So was looking into alternative ways.

You may always use the expression builder (loaded forms) to discover the correct syntax.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back