Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Like in sql statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebreath67

Programmer
Aug 10, 2004
CA
I am using like in sql to access a Access database and it just reads right though the whole database. It does not display what i asked for

what i asked for
And you asked what ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

I am asking it to make sure that the four numbers with the wild card in front are a phone number and then populate a form

And you asked how ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

select * from [Bill To Customer] where CompanyPhone Like '% " & Session("PhoneN") & "'"

Provided you use ADO and Session("PhoneN") is empty, then you should select all rows where CompanyPhone is not null.

Hope This Helps, PH.

How are ya firebreath67 . . . . .

Apparently as you have it, [purple]your SQL is allowing all records to pass![/purple]

[blue]Post the SQL and we'll help you sort it out . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back