Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Let's complicate it 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRilliterate

Technical User
Dec 7, 2005
US
I have heard some stand up talking about how minorities changing the way they wanted to be named and he went onto homeless and said if we have to start calling them 'hygiene impaired squeegee technician' but if it is too much we can offer to shorten it to 'outdorsemen'...

I know it is wrong but why did I laught so hard? I know there are masters of complications, anyone?

surely that should be vertically underextended?

"If it could have gone wrong earlier and it didn't, it ultimately would have been beneficial for it to have." : Murphy's Ultimate Corollary

For us techies...

"Doesn't comply with industry best practices" = "I don't want to" [glasses]

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Snuv,

you are right, but the concept of pc is, the pc term should sound better than the replaced term. vertically overextended sounds even tall instead of short, but would mean short. A bit like undertall could replace overweight.

A completely different thing, that I remembered yesterday on the topic of "let's make it complicated" is this:

The ten commandments contain 279 Words, the US declaration of independence contains 300 Words, but the regulation of the european union about the import of caramel drops contains exactly 25911 words.

So if you ever want to come over to europe, better keep your caramel at home, seems to be very complicated to pass the customs with it.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf

I am in europe and I do (or did) know the regulations about caramel because I spent seven years working for a confectionery firm, doing the paperwork that had to be sent to Customs and Excise in the UK. How's that for a coincidence?

Try the EU directive on the sale of duck eggs for a monster

"If it could have gone wrong earlier and it didn't, it ultimately would have been beneficial for it to have." : Murphy's Ultimate Corollary

Ha! And I used to work for MAFF drafting the regulations as they related to the UK. Believe me, it was every bit as boring as it sounds.

Olaf,

Not to be picky, but the Declaration of Independence contains about 1,300 words (and that is leaving out the signature section).

I'm just sayin'.

Granted, that doesn't compare with 26,000 words to regulate caramel drops.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

Hi anotherhiggins,

Also not meant picky: I didn't count it, I just quoted. And I'm sure the EU regulation will have more words by now, whilst the other two surely will not have changed.

Hi Snug,

Yes, what a coincidence! I'm sure I'll take a look at the duck egg sale directive, if I have the time for such a lecture. ;-)

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back