Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

length of call

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpAdam

Vendor
Mar 12, 2007
US
Greetings!

Is there a way to see how long a call has been established on a particular channel?

I've got an Opt 81 with a bunch of digital trunks. They are getting an extended delay (10 seconds or so) between pressing 9 and hearing dialtone and I'd like to check the channels on the Ts to be sure none are locked up with bogus calls.

Thanks!

AW

Your problem is not T-1 or Trunk issue, is something else like signaling or tone issue.

Could be call registers or DTR's if they are using analog sets. The dial tone you hear after you press 9 is NOT from the PRI, the dial tone is generated by your PBX.

It happens on 500 devices and on digital sets. Its not constant, some calls have the problem and some don't. Also, its only when placing external calls.

trad doesn't give me the length of time connected....

ACTIVE TN 028 21
ORIG 024 0 03 05 0 SCR MARP 0 3300 3904
TERM 028 21 DID RMBR 3 21
DIAL DN 91xxxxxxxxxx
MAIN_PM ESTD
TALKSLOT ORIG 15 TERM 15
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU NONE
CALL ID 0 22

Its a brainbuster...

They are getting an extended delay (10 seconds or so) between pressing 9 and hearing dialtone"

This is not a T1 issue, it is a PBX issue. may be a bad TDS card or busy LOOPs.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I could not remember if it gave you the time. By digital trunks do you mean PRI or DTI? PRI will have a dchannel. DTI trunks either DID or TIE need to use DTR's along with any analog set. Has the system grown lately?

DTI Trunks. No DCH on the loops. No significant growth, might have added a few phones but nothing worth mentioning on a system of its size.

strange problem... very common with analog trunks.. but i would trad all the used trunks.. maybe do an entc on a set repeat the dial 9 until you find a common fail point

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back