Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leadtek GF4 TI4600 and WinXP Pro Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

win13

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
US
Alright I need help with my Leadtek A250 Ultra TD (TI4600). I've decided that i wanted to install Windows XP Pro. Everything goes fine and loads up perfectly. I install the video card drivers and so far everything is still good until I install the My VIVO Drivers and let it restart. Before it ever goes to the Welcome screen it would just restart. so i go into safe mode and disable the restart when there is an error. after I reboot and start normal it gives me a blue screen at the same place it would restart. It seems like evertime i get the blue screen I would get different errors. So I go back to safe mode and uninstall the My VIVO drivers and restart normal and get the same thing.
I've then got fed up, formatted the drive and reinstalled XP Pro. I installed the 30.82 NVidia video drivers and the latest My VIVO drivers from Leadtek, restarted and still got the same damn thing. Then again formatted, reinstall XP, NVidia Detonator 40 drivers latest My VIVO drivers, restart same thing. Reformat, reinstall XP, Detonator 40, My VIVO drivers on cd, restart and still the same thing.
I know it's not overheating because it works in 98 and the case stays at 75°F and CPU 102°F at idle and 110°F at full usage.
I am now back to 98 SE and don't know what to do. Any answers???
Specs...
ECS K7S5A mobo with latest Bios Drivers and w/ latestAGP drivers when XP was installed
AMD XP1700+ w/ AX-7 heatsink and 80mm fan
512DDR PC2100 stick w/ heatspreader and fan
Leadtek A250 Ultra TD w/ dual 17" monitors
TVeiw 99 capture/tuner
Promise Controller card ATA/133 (not installed when XP installs)
Maxtor 80gig ATA/133 7200RPM (tried XP install on here)
Western Digital 30gig UDMA/66 5400RPM
LG 24X burner
52X CDRom
Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1

sry i didn't include this...

400W PSU

did you make sure the vivo drivers were compatible with your os? they dont give warning prompts for nothin. if you try the same procedures (which were good ones) to fix your comp and they all went theh same way...its one of your drivers( i think vivo. try installing without vivo and see how it goes.

i know it's the vivo, cause i have had it running until i installed the vivo... it might be compatability issues. as for the warning issues, it's going to be like that for just about every new device driver made after xp. i'm gonna try it until i get my new stuff ordered, and i got a new capture card, leadtek tv2000xp, which other members were thinking that it may have been an issue with the previous one i had, and am going to get a new motherboard, which might have been another compatability. and im not just going to get these new stuff becuase of it not working, just because i will have the money to spend on it anyways. thanxs for the suggestion.

I have absolutely no problem using Asus P4B533 and P4 2.26Ghz systems and i have exactly same card as you, for one i always been using Leadtek from GeForce 1, cuz i love their cooling system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back