Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

micker377

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit. All up to date.
About five months ago, it started "blue-screening" about once a week. Giving an AMDATIXXXX error. I uninstalled the card, and removed the Catalyst drivers to start over. No help. So I pulled the vid card (three month old Radeon HD 4550, and installed an MSI R4550. It lasted a month and blue screened with the same error. So I installed a GForce 9400 GT. It just blue-screened! Since the error messages (yes, I checked them thoroughly in the past), all point at the GPU, what GPU do all of these cards use? Is there a vid card that doesn't use AMD?
Or am I off-base looking at the GPU? I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the motherboard.
BTW, I've been in e-mail contact with Diamond Multimedia since June. I got one response back then asking for the serial number so they could check on the warranty. Well, I sent it in June, and July, and August, and September, and October - no response yet!!!

Looked in the "Event Viewer". Among the hundreds of events listed - found nothing about memory logs. Which of the many sub-directories should I look?

Thanks - all that to find out that there are no problems! It may be quicker to reboot and run Memtest 86 from floppy! <grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back