Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kitchen Printer Problem Running RES3700 5.6 MR3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Mad Matt

Systems Engineer
Feb 6, 2018
US
I have a Kitchen Printer isn't printing and there is no error coming up and no sending to the backup printer. It worked fine originally when the system got installed and went live a week ago. Before we had the kitchen printer hooked up, it would error out and print to the backup. Then we wired in the kitchen printer and all was well for 2 days. Then, no printing and no errors.

So, we hooked the kitchen printer up to a couple different workstations and did a confidence test on each workstation and they all print to it including the workstation that it's supposed to be on. I'm more confused on why it won't send an error and print to the backup. If I assign kitchen printing to a thermal printer, it doesn't work either with no error and no backup print.

I've spent hours going over settings and can't find any problems. Is there a Hotfix or different MR version that I should try?

Thanks!

have you checked the dip switch settigs? also check again in devices make sure you have the correct model and interface set

Go into Managers Procedures and ensure the printer is activated and set to print to itself...

DIP switches are all fine. Redirect to itself in manager procedures is good too.

Have you ruled patch cords wiring, connections, out of the question?

I have heard stories about Res ver 5.6 and above (I think) where for no apparent reason the printers go haywire and also connectivity is lost. I recommend sticking to version 5.5 and not upgrade as it doesn't give any obvious benefits (to my knowledge)

IP Printer or IDN ?

If you have a IDN change it to a TCP/IP Printer.

Had this week...
The new WS625 IDN does Work with the Test Tool but never with OPS/POS with RES 5.6.0.0
Changed the Thermal Printer with Serial Board works ok.
Looks like a long incompatibility story with IDN Driver Windows 10 32/64bit Workstation Hardware / BIOS Version.

Double check your order types and Print Class, and Device programming in POS Config.
Make sure you have all workstations checked to be able to print to the order device.
Also if you use order types, make sure you didnt override the kitchen printer.
Any of these programming mistakes would create a no backup, and no notification of error.

Past that I would need to know more about how your kitchen printer is setup.
Model of printer, interface it is using, etc.

This was def a bug in 5.6. Once I upgraded them to 5.7, everything worked fine.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back